Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Logo Has Stuck With Me

Many of you know that the Black Sheep Studio brand and logo aren't new. I used the name as a freelance graphic designer several years ago. As with lots of other professions, I'm sure, graphic artists are the worst at working for themselves. So, it was very tough to design my own logo. I would stay up late nights - sure that I had come up with the one - only to wake up to a design that I hated. 

Once I had decided to use a spin on my name, I liked the idea of a black sheep. And after several minor revisions, I really liked this one. Actually loved it. 

And almost five years later, I'm happy to say that I still do! No easy feat, considering the client was a real hard-ass. 

I'll spare you the laundry list of what makes it the perfect logo (Ha!), but I do want to share a cool piece of art that it inspired. My very good friend (and then-roommate), Hans Schmidt, had been experimenting with duct tape art & mentioned he wanted to take a stab at creating the Black Sheep in tape.

I thought it would be cool to share it here - and to thank Hans for a very cool piece. You rocked it out, bruh!


Black Sheep Studio by Hans W. Schmidt (duct tape)

No comments:

Post a Comment